- Fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced
Reducing the balsamic
- Place balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat so it stays at a strong simmer until reduced by one-third
- Dip a spoon, and when the mixture coats a spoon, it is done.
- Remove it from heat and allow the balsamic reduction to cool
- It will thicken as it cools, if it gets too thick, then add more vinegar and return it to the heat and stir. If it is too thick, repeat until it reaches the consistency you would like.
- Cool balsamic
- Layer mozzarella slices, with strawberries, sprinkle blueberries over the top, and drizzle with balsamic!
recipe source : http://realhousemoms.com/berry-caprese/