- 1 20 ounce package pre-shredded hash brown-style potatoes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 small sweet onion, coarsely grated
- 2 thick slices deli ham, chopped into small bits (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dozen eggs, scrambled*
- chives for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F., and lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Mix the first eight ingredients together in a large bowl. Spoon potato mixture into each prepared muffin cup until about 1/3 full.
Gently press the potato mixture down in the middle and up the sides of each cup. Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. If the nests have puffed up too much in the center, scoop out a little with a teaspoon. Spoon a few tablespoons of scramble eggs into each nest and top with chives.