PREP TIME | COOK TIME | TOTAL TIME
15 mins | 30 mins
Chocolate Pistachio Zucchini Donut (V + GF + DF); a HEALTHY and delicious breakfast on-the-go!
Serves: 6 large donuts
- Shred the zucchini and transfer to a paper towel. Squeeze all the excess liquid than measure to one cup packed full. Transfer to a bowl.
- Crop the spinach into tiny pieces, basically as small as you can turn them into. Add to the zucchini bowl.
- Add the agave, coconut oil, apple sauce and coconut milk to the zucchini bowl and mix to combine.
- Using a food processor or (I used a mortar and pestle), mash the pistachio into smaller pieces. I like to leave some pieces bigger than other, and some real fine, especially to sprinkle on top.
- Add the pistachios (set aside some for topping) and remaining ingredients (dry ingredients) in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add the dry mix into the zucchini mix and fold to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased donut pan and bake at 375F degrees for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
This batter makes 6 large size donuts plus a small loaf of bread or 6 mini-muffins.