- 250 g chocolate biscuits
- 150 g butter melted
- 3 tsp gelatine powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 x 250 g cream cheese softened
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 16 Ferrero Rocher Raffaello chocolates chopped
- 300 g thickened cream whipped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate melted
- STEP 1Base: Blend or process plain chocolate biscuits until finely crushed.
- STEP 2Add melted butter and process until just combined.
- STEP 3Press biscuit mixture into base and up sides of a 20 cm springform pan.
- STEP 4Cover and refrigerate while preparing filling.
- STEP 5Filling: Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug.
- STEP 6Stand jug in a small pan of simmering water and stir until gelatine dissolves. Cool slightly.
- STEP 7Beat cream cheese, sugar and sour cream in a bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- STEP 8Stir in gelatine mixture, then chopped Ferrero Rochers.
- STEP 9Fold in whipped cream and pour into prepared pan.
- STEP 10Decoration: Drizzle melted chocolate in parallel lines 1 cm apart across cheesecake.
- STEP 11Pull skewer back and forth through the chocolate to create a marbled effect.
- STEP 12Refrigerate for approximately 3 hours or until set.
I use a 50 g chocolate bar to do the decoration and only use two squares. Microwave chocolate in a ziplock bag for 1 minute on 50% power, snip the corner off the bag and drizzle chocolate over cake. If you are decorating the cheesecake, don’t refrigerate until after decorating as the cheesecake will set and the skewer won’t pull through.