Harvest Cobb Salad with a Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette is filled with crisp fall apples, roasted butternut squash, and all of the delicious things of fall come together in this mouthwatering salad.
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 2 apples, sliced (I used granny smith and honey crisp)
- ½ butternut squash, cubed and roasted*
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup candied walnuts* (Recipe follows)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Honey Apple Cider Dressing:
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl add romaine lettuce and arugula. Add chicken, bacon, eggs, apples, butternut squash, and avocado. Toss to mix the ingredients. Top with candied walnuts and feta cheese.
- TO make the honey apple cider dressing: In a small bowl whisk olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.