Prep time | Cook time |Total time
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 8 tsp flour, divided
- 8 tsp honey, divided
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 2 limes
- Browned Butter Lime Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place the salmon fillets onto a cutting board and put 1 tsp flour on each side and evenly spreading the flour over the salmon. Evenly drizzle 1 tsp honey onto each side of the salmon.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil into a saucepan and heat to medium. Since you don’t want to overcrowd the pan, you may want to use two pans and use the other 1 tbsp of olive oil, or do two batches.
- Carefully place the salmon into the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side browning each side of the salmon.
- While salmon is cooking, to make the sauce heat the butter into a small saucepan. Swirl the butter occasionally until it has turned a light brown color and is fragrant. Remove from heat and whisk the garlic, honey, salt and pepper into the sauce.
- Pour the browned butter sauce over the salmon and sprinkle with your lime zest and enjoy!