- 6 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Challenge butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces Challenge cream cheese, softened, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 jalapenos, 2 diced and 1 sliced
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked
Cook bacon in a large nonstick pan. Crumble bacon and set aside.
Add onion to bacon grease and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add butter to pan. When melted, sprinkle flour into pan. Stir and cook 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk.
Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
Remove pan from heat and stir in half of Monterey Jack cheese and half of cheddar cheese until smooth.
Stir in diced jalapeno, chicken, pasta, and half of bacon.
Pour into a greased casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining bacon, cheese and the sliced jalapeno.
Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes.
You can use fresh or canned jalapeno. I actually like to use 1 fresh jalapeno and 1 canned jalepeno for the diced jalapeno.