Serves: 6-8 servings
Color, texture, and crunch! This Moroccan inspired chickpea and quinoa power salad has it all! We’re using carrots, parsley, dates, and golden raisins to make this salad extra special! Serve as a main course or as a side!
- POWER SALAD:
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa (or ½ cup uncooked)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup chopped dates
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- HONEY-LEMON DRESSING:
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (maple syrup or brown sugar for vegans)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- POWER SALAD: Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Allow the quinoa to cool completely before tossing with the salad ingredients. Toss ingredients together.
- HONEY-LEMON DRESSING: Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small mason jar and give it a few good shakes until the dressing mixes through. Drizzle the dressing into the salad and toss the salad to combine everything. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for later!
Sometimes when you buy parsley, the bunch is HUGE. If that is the case for you, just use ¾ bunch. It’s really up to you how much parsley/herbs you want to use. Also, some of the parsley can be replaced with mint or cilantro if you’d like.When preparing the quinoa, add a teaspoon of oil and sauté the quinoa for about 1 minute before adding the water and water and cooking. This gives the quinoa a really great nutty/toasted flavor which goes really well with the flavors of this salad!