yield: ABOUT 30 COOKIE BALLS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
- 10 mini candy canes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10.7 ounce) package Peppermint Oreos
- 16 ounces dark or white candy wafers
- 5 mini candy canes, crushed (optional)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place candy canes into a food processor and pulse the machine until crushed into fine pieces.
- Add in Peppermint Oreos and pulse until crushed into fine crumbs.
- Add in cream cheese and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, measure mixture (about 2 teaspoons) and then roll into cookie balls.
- Place rolled cookie balls on prepared cookie sheet and place into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once cookies balls are chilled, melt candy wafers according to package directions.
- Dip cookie balls (see tip below) in melted candy wafers and place back onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- If desired, sprinkle with crushed candy canes and/or drizzle with contrasting candy melts.
- Once all cookie balls are dipped refrigerate them for one hour.
- I placed the 10 mini candy canes into my food processor really crush them into a fine texture.
- The candy canes used for topping were crushed in a ziptop bag with a mallet.
- Dipping Tip: I place a cookie ball on a fork over the bowl of melted wafers and spoon the melted candy wafers over the cookie ball. Allow excess candy to drip off into the bowl. Slide the cookie ball off of the fork and onto the parchment paper using a toothpick.
- This recipe was updated in November 2016 to reflect the new size package of Peppermint Oreos.
Please login your facebook account to see the video