This is the easiest, creamiest, yummiest Fall slow cooker soup recipe – perfect for all you butternut lovers out there!
- 16 oz (1/2 small) butternut squash, halved, seeds removed
- 16 oz (1/2) buttercup or kobacha squash, halved, seeds removed but not peeled
- 2 large shallot, quartered
- 2 cup chicken or vegetable broth (or 1-1/2 tbsp Better Bouillon w/water)
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- pinch nutmeg
- optional garnish: drizzle coconut milk, chives, pepitas
- Place the squash, shallots and broth in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high 4 hours, until soft and cooked through, a knife should easily be inserted.
- Remove squash from skin and discard the peel.
- Stir in coconut milk and nutmeg.
- Blend in a blender or using an immersion blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with more coconut milk and chives, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 2
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 152
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Protein: 3g