Prep 15 min Cook 120 min Ready 135 min
SmartPoints; 6 PointsPlus; 5 POINTS (old)
- 1 clove (medium sized) garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk (medium sized) celery, chopped
- 1 lb uncooked lean (93%) ground beef
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cup canned chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 8 oz reduced fat velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 tsp paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp table salt
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- 24 baked corn tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1 cooking spray
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add garlic, onion and celery to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Coat a 3 quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray; spoon in vegetables.
- Place same skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes; pour off any liquid and add meat to the slow cooker.
- In a small cup, combine flour and 1/2 cup of broth; stir until lump free.
- Pour flour mixture into skillet; add remaining 2 1/2 cups of broth.
- Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits in bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, then pour into the slow cooker. Stir in evaporated milk, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on Low setting for 2 hours.
- Serve soup topped with crumbled tortilla chips.
- Note: If the soup cooks too long, the cheese could separate.
- If that happens, combine 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup of soup in a cup; stir to a paste.
- Stir flour mixture back into soup in the slow cooker; cover and cook on Low setting for 10 to 15 minutes (does not affect POINTS values).
- Per serving: 7 SmartPoints; 6 PointsPlus; 5 POINTS (old)
Recipe originally inspired by Food.com with 5-star rating and 23 reviews.
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 5g 23%
Cholesterol 50mg 16%
Sodium 1150mg 47%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 1%
Sugars 3g 13%
Protein 22g 42%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutrient information may not be available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Use this data as a guide only.