Made right in the crockpot! So hearty, comforting and soothing. Perfect during the cold weather or fighting off a cold!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into thirds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in chicken stock, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks.
- Stir pasta and chicken into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 253.4Calories from Fat 31.5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.5g5%
Saturated Fat 0.8g4%
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 24.7g8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6g10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.