PREP TIME | COOK TIME | TOTAL TIME
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or any nuts)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped up
- 6 oz white confectioner’s coating (i.e. Wilton’s Candy Melts–see NOTES)
- Place ingredients as ordered in ingredient list in a small (4 qt or less) slow cooker.
- Place a layer of paper towels across the top of the crock and place lid on top (secures the towels).
- Set cooker to low ONLY and cook for 1-1½ hours.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch or small (10 x 7-inch) pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray foil on bottom and sides.
- Stir the contents of the slow cooker and if the chocolate completely melts when stirred it’s done.
- Pour into prepared pan and chill until set–about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate candy from the pan by lifting the edges of the foil. Place on a solid even surface.
- Peel back the foil. Cut into squares. You may also make clusters by dropping heaping tablespoons full onto a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Amount will vary as to how big you cut, but I got 24 squares from a 10 x 7-inch oblong pan
In place of the confectioner’s coating disks (Candy Melts), you may also use the equivalent amount of almond bark cut up (almond bark is sold without the nuts and it a big bar of white candy coating)