Prep 20 min Cook 425 min Ready 445 min
|1 small onion|
|2 cup fresh mushrooms|
|2 clove garlic|
|1 can (15 oz) pinto beans|
|1 1⁄2 cup beef broth|
|16 oz lean beef top round steak|
|2 large carrots|
|1 can (14 1/2 oz) crushed tomatoes|
|1⁄2 tsp dried oregano|
|1⁄4 tsp dried thyme|
|1⁄2 tsp salt|
|1⁄4 tsp black pepper|
- Spray a 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place half of the pinto beans in a slow cooker and place the remaining half in a blender. Add 1/2 cup of broth to the blender, cover, and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Add beef, onion and mushroom mixture, carrots, tomatoes, pureed beans, remaining broth, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on High for 6 to 7 hours.
- Per serving: 3 SmartPoints; 5 PointsPlus
Recipe originally inspired by KitchMe with 5-star rating and 0 reviews.