Spicy Chicken Meatballs with a honey glaze and Buffalo Ranch Dipping Sauce makes a great appetizer!
Serves: about 20 meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo Wing Sauce (I used Moore’s)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil. I recommend using a baking rack on top of the foil if you have one. Spray the baking rack with cooking spray. If not using a baking rack, spray the foil or use nonstick foil.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 pound ground chicken with 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. Mix well until all the seasonings are combined with the chicken.
- Form the chicken mixture into balls and place in a single layer on the baking rack (or directly on the foil). I use a cookie scoop to form my meatballs. It makes quick work of the task and shapes them evenly. Continue making meatballs until all the chicken mixture is used.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. While the meatballs are baking, combine 3 tablespoons clover honey with 1 teaspoon cider vinegar and mix well.
- After the first 15 minutes of baking, brush the honey mixture onto each meatball, coating them generously until all the honey mixture is gone. Place the meatballs back in the oven for 10-15 minutes longer until the chicken is cooked through.
- Make the Buffalo Ranch Dipping sauce by combing 1/4 cup ranch dressing with 2 tablespoons Buffalo Wing Sauce and 2 tablespoons honey. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve the meatballs with the dipping sauce and enjoy!
source : http://realhousemoms.com/spicy-chicken-meatballs/