- 1 med. yellow onion
- 1 lg. green bell pepper
- 1 lg. orange bell pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 5-6 leaves of basil
- 1½ tsp oregano
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lb dry farfalle pasta
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese mix
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a casserole dish. (2½ – 3 quart baking dish will work.)
- Slice onions and peppers thin.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat. Add some vegetable oil, onions and peppers. Cook veggies until softened.
- Add ground beef to the pan. Break it up as much as possible, cover, and cook for a few minutes. Stir well breaking up clumps of beef. Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Mix and continue to cook, covered, until beef is done.
- Stir in oregano and chopped basil. Stir in pasta and transfer the mixture into a prepared baking dish.
- Spread shredded cheese all over the top and bake for 15-17 minutes.