PREP TIME | COOK TIME | TOTAL TIME
15 min | 15 min | 30 min
Serves 2 pizzas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk yeast, honey, and warm water together in a bowl. Cover and let it stand about 10 minutes. It should be frothy, like the first picture. See how much the yeast loves honey? Sugar can also be used.
- Stir in flours, salt and oil. I do this with my dough hook in the Kitchenaid but you can kneed it by hand.
- Move dough to a floured surface, cover with a towel, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Now you can either use your dough as is or if you have a few more minutes, shape it and let it sit again for another 5 minutes or so to let it develop a little more flavor.
- Bake your crust in the oven at 450 degrees until it starts to brown, then add your ingredients and continue to bake until the cheese is melted.