It’s round up time gain! I have been meaning to get this round-up of healthy lunch meal prep ideas out for SO LONG now, and it just hasn’t happened. But here I am today, and it’s ready and there are a ton of great lunch meal prep ideas in here that you can make on the weekend.
I have really committed myself to breakfast and lunch meal prep this year and it makes an absolute world of difference. I don’t even consider buying lunch, because I just reach in the fridge and pull out my pre-made lunch and I am good to go! I feel so much better about my food choices lately because of meal prep. And all it takes is 30 min-2 hours on the weekend (and really, it’s actually fun!)
Before we get started on the round-up, I thought I’d share some meal prep tips with you that have made the process much easier for me.
- Start small. You know those people who prep 30 freezer meals in one day? You don’t have to do that to feel the benefits of meal prep. Start with one meal that pains you- breakfast (check out this round-up which has 28 Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas!), lunch, or snacks are a great place to start!
- Schedule it. For the first month, you have to work your meal prep into your routine, so it is smart to schedule off a block of time dedicated to your meal prep. Set a reminder in your phone. At first you might feel like it’s a chore, but I’m betting once you get going, and you see how AWESOME it is to not have to worry about your meals during the week, you’ll look forward to it!
- Find a core set of recipes you can depend on. Over time, you can find a set of recipes you love and that you know work. You may even have them memorized! This makes the meal prep routine so. easy.
Alright, I’m DONE for now! Let’s check out these lunch meal prep ideas and get inspired:
1. Grain bowls:
3. Wraps etc
17. Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadillas with Peach Salsa (keep the salsa separate until serving)
19. Chickpea Shawarma Stuffed Pitas (keep pita + filling separate until just before serving)