- 2 pounds riced cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced, or more to taste
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, ensuring the foil goes up the sides of the sheet to catch all the juices.
Combine cauliflower, red bell pepper, red onion, olive oil, garlic, fajitas seasoning, cumin, and salt in a large bowl; stir until coated. Spread vegetable mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; stir and continue roasting until tender and lightly browned, about 15 minutes more.
Top vegetable mixture with pinto beans, cotija cheese, cilantro, pepitas, green onions, and lime juice. Spoon into 4 serving bowls.
- A large head of cauliflower can also be used in place of the prepared riced cauliflower. Remove the core from the cauliflower and cut it into large florets. In 2 to 3 batches, using a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until finely chopped. About 8 to 10 long pulses per batch works perfectly.