Double Chocolate Pancakes
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
For chocolate sauce:
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels
1. In a medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients and whisk until combined. The batter will be lumpy. Stir in miniature chocolate morsels.
2. Heat griddle over medium heat and lightly grease surface with butter.
3. Use a ¼-cup measuring cup to scoop batter onto griddle to ensure similar size pancakes. Cook until pancakes have bubbles on the top, then flip them over and cook for an additional minute. Repeat with the remaining batter.
4. Serve warm with powdered sugar.
5. To make the chocolate sauce, heat heavy cream and butter in a small saucepan until just on the cusp of boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and pour over miniature morsels in a small bowl. Let rest for a minute, then stir until completely combined. Drizzle over pancakes. (*Note: You can make the chocolate sauce first so it will thicken a bit while you prepare the pancakes.)