PREP TIME | COOK TIME | TOTAL TIME
25 mins | 45 mins
Serves: 8 servings
Follow Damn kitchen for more great recipes!
- 12 oz dry macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup light cream (about 10-12% MF)
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can condensed cream of cheddar soup (optional)
- 4 cups sharp cheddar, divided
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and let cook 2 minutes while stirring. Slowly whisk in cream, milk, mustard powder and onion powder. Cook over medium heat while stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese & 3 cups cheddar cheese until melted. Add soup if using.
- Toss cheese sauce & macaroni noodles together. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 18-24 minutes or until bubbly. Do not over cook. Cool 10-15 minutes before serving/