- 1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch finely chopped parsley
- metal skewers
- cooking spray
Rinse and dry shrimp.
Whisk olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, and parsley together in a bowl and pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add shrimp, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Lightly coat metal skewers with cooking spray.
Remove shrimp from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Place about 5 shrimp on each skewer.
Cook on the preheated grill until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 5 minutes; do not overcook.
- Cook’s Note:
- Wooden skewers may be substituted for metal skewers, if desired. Before using, soak wooden skewers in water for15 minutes to prevent them from catching on fire on the grill.
- Editor’s Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.