Prep Time | Cook Time | Total Time
15 min | 20 min | 35 min
Grilled pork chops are perfect when brined and so simple to cook outdoors on the grill, served simply with peaches and baby gem lettuce.
- 2 Skinless Double Pork Chops: Approximately 3cm thick.
- 1 Peach: Stoned and cut into 6 wedges.
- 2 Baby Gem Lettuce: Cut in Half.
- 4 Tbsp Oil.
- Salt and Pepper.
For the Brine
- 750ml Water.
- 1 Bay Leaf.
- 3 Tbsp Coarse Sea Salt.
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper Corns.
- 2 Tbsp Soft Brown Sugar.
- 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar.
- Begin by making your brine, mix together all of the ingredients until completely combined.
- Place the pork chops in a strong bag or Tupperware container and pour on the brine and allow to steep for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Season some flavourless cooking oil with a a little salt and pepper.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and dry thoroughly.
- Rub a little of the seasoned oil into both sides of the pork chops and place in the grill.
- When seared after a minute or so flip over and close the lid and cook until the thickest part of the pork chop reaches an internal temperature reaches 62°C.
- Then remove the pork chop and allow to rest for 5 minutes, the internal temperature should continue to rise and reach a perfect temperature of 70°C.
- Whilst the meat is resting, brush the peach segments with the same seasoned oil we used earlier and grill for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat the step above with the baby gem lettuce, this time cooking for just 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy, the juice from the peaches should be more than enough to negate the need for a sauce!
- You can cook this dish indoors if you wish, simply sear the pork chops in a pan and transfer to a preheated oven and cook until the same temperature as in the recipe above.