- ½ tsp Turmeric (for colouring the rice)
- 1 Pepper, finely sliced (s) (sff)
- 1 Red onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
- 1tbsp Tomato puree (s) (sff)
- 2 Skinless chicken breasts (s) (ff)
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped (sff)
- 2cm Cube of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Light soy sauce
- 6 tbsp. Passata (s) (sff)
- 227g Tin of Pineapple chunks, (s) (sff) (5.5 syn/2=2.75 syn per person)
- Juice from the can of Pineapple
- Juice from a lime (s) (sff)
- Zest from a lime (s) (sff)
- Packet of rice of your choice (ff)
- S & P
Open the tin of pineapple, drain into a small bowl using a sieve, save the pineapple chunks, add the juice to a deep bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, passata, soy sauce, lime juice & zest into the bowl, set aside ½ of the liquid. Cut small nicks in the chicken & place in the marinade, cover, place in the fridge, for at least 1 hr.
Cook your rice as per instructions on the packet, adding the turmeric if you want it coloured.
Heat a frying pan, sprayed with frylight. Drain the marinade & throw it away, cook the chicken, season, until the chicken is browned. Remove & set aside, keeping it warm.
Spray the pan again with frylight, cook the onions & peppers until soft, add the pineapple, tomato puree & saved liquid, return the chicken to the pan & cook until the sauce has thickened, Drain the rice & steam for 2 mins then plate up, serve with a side salad.
Credit: Pete’s Recipe Book