Looking for a new spin on classic tuna salad? Instead of using the same old combination of onion and celery, try this jalapeño and lime tuna salad made with jalapeños, lime juice, and heart healthy avocado. It’s easy to prepare, and when served over baby spinach, is a healthy and filling weekday meal.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup|Calories: 297 | Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 28 mg | Sodium: 313 mg | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 27 g | SmartPoints: 8
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
Combine all of the ingredients except for the spinach in a large bowl. Mix well and chill until ready to serve. Serve the tuna salad over the spinach leaves.