- 1/2 cup unsweetened high-quality cocoa powder , (can also use cacao powder if preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder , optional but highly recommended for extra richness – can also try to sub with unsweetened dark cocao powder or cacao powder if preferred
- 2/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener , sifted (or your favorite confectioners’ style sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 large eggs , room temperature, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil , can also use melted grass-fed butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM:
- 2/3 cup grass-fed unsalted butter OR ghee, softened
- 3 cups powdered monk fruit sweetener , sifted (or your favorite confectioners’ style sweetener)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened high quality cocoa powder , sifted
- 2/3 teaspoons pure vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk , plus more as needed to thin out frosting to desired consistency
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
FOR THE CAKE:
Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly coat two 8-inch round cake pans or three 6-inch cake pans with nonstick baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper rounds. Set aside.
Add almond milk and apple cider vinegar to a large measuring cup. Set aside and allow to sit (and curdle) for 5 minutes while you mix the other ingredients.
Meanwhile, in a separate large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
Add the beaten eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour in the curdled milk and mix until thoroughly combined.
Full recipe Here