- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
Combine vinegar, olive oil, parsley, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
Place tomatoes and onions in an 11×13-inch glass dish. Pour marinade on top, making sure to coat vegetables evenly. Cover and refrigerate, 4 hours to overnight.
- You can substitute 2 teaspoons dried thyme for the 1 tablespoon fresh thyme.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.