This recipe makes enough to marinate up to 8 chicken breast halves.
- 4–8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup oil (your choice – canola, vegetable, olive)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- Trim all fat from the boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You may also want to ‘butterfly’ (see instructions here) the breasts if they are very thick so that they cook evenly on the grill. Place the trimmed chicken pieces in a large zipper seal bag.
- Add the sliced onion, smashed garlic cloves, oil, soy sauce, vinegar and Good Seasons pack to the bag with the chicken. Seal the back tightly, removing as much of the excess air from the bag as possible.
- Gently squeeze all of the contents of the bag so that the ingredients mix together and all of the chicken is coated. Place the bag in a large bowl or on a plate (in case the bag leaks) and place in the refrigerator.
- Allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator overnight – or for a minimum of 6 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat your grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill the chicken until cooked through – 10-20 minutes depending on the temperature of your grill.
- If you wish, you may drain the onions and garlic from the marinade and sauté until caramelized.