- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 10 ounces dried Japanese udon noodles
- 20 uncooked large shrimp – peeled, deveined, tails left intact
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, black vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir in the udon noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Add the frozen shrimp to the pot of boiling noodles and cook for about 3 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and opaque. Turn the stove off, but do not remove pot from the heat. Stir in the broccoli, cover, and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
Drain the noodles, broccoli, and shrimp. In a large serving bowl, toss together the noodles, broccoli, shrimp, and the peanut butter sauce. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Black vinegar and sesame oil can be found at most Asian food stores.