PREP TIME | COOK TIME | TOTAL TIME
00 hrs. 15 mins. | 03 hrs | 3 hrs. 15 mins.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa. It is simple, healthy, and full of all of those Mexican flavors you crave!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (depending on the heat level you want)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (10-ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mexican chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the ground chicken until no pink remains. Place in the slow cooker.
- Add in the uncooked quinoa, the black beans, frozen corn, diced tomatoes, garlic, onion, and jalapeno, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or until the liquid is all absorbed into the mixture.
- Remove the lid and stir everything again. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir in the half the cheese and sprinkle the other half on top. Replace the lid and let the cheese melt. Top with the chopped green onions and cilantro.