- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch sticks
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken breasts in the hot oil until they are no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes and transfer to a large bowl.
Heat remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini in the hot oil until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer zucchini to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Mix zucchini, garbanzo beans, olives, artichoke hearts, and Parmesan cheese with chicken; toss to combine. Chill in refrigerator before serving, about 1 hour.
- The zucchini could also be basted with olive oil and then barbecued or broiled in oven. Also the cooking time for the zucchini is entirely up to the cook. Do you like your zucchini extremely crisp or cooked all the way through? Feel free to change the quantities of ingredients to suite your taste!
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.